Today’s Jackson Hole real estate activity:
- NEW: Indian Trails .52-acre building site on Spring Creek, listed by North 40 Realty for $625,000.
- NEW: Town of Jackson Streamside townhouse with 2 beds, 1,090 square feet built in 1995, listed by RE/MAX Obsidian Real Estate for $399,000.
- PENDING: One of the biggest deals in recent years is moving closer to closing as a 264-acre property in Wilson listed for $53 million with both Snake River and Fish Creek frontage, multiple potential parcels, a 7,700+ square foot home and much more was listed as under contract last weekend.
- NEW: Hotel Terra 1-bed, 565-square-foot condo, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $575,000.
- CLOSED: New construction on Gros Ventre West of a contemporary 4-bed, 3,706-square-foot home on 3.9 acres, listed by Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty for $2.9 million.
- This is what $80 million buys in Aspen. Meh. Only 31 bathrooms?
Jackson Hole and Wyoming links:
- Watch Travis Rice survive a heavy avalanche in Alaska in the spring while filming “The Fourth Phase,” and discuss the mistakes he made and how to avoid them ourselves.
- Speaking of heavy avalanches, one last week slightly injured a driver whose car was swept across the highway and closed Teton Pass. Speculation was that it may have been skier triggered. Days later it was reported that a skier may have started it, but there was not enough evidence to charge anyone.
- And then, a day later a semi-trailer full of potatoes goes over the guardrail and down a steep embankment. Driver was rescued by a substantial response.
- YES! In my backyard say more and more of the younger generation when it comes to housing, and this story in Spur.
- Aaron Estrada, a three-time U.S. Extreme Freeskiing champion, climbed the heights of the sport before crashing spectacularly in life due to substance abuse. Now helps his peers navigate the path that almost killed him. The well-researched article has at least 3 Jackson Hole mentions including quotes from Jeff Decker at Curran Sealey and Dr. Brent Blue.
- This story by Jesse Logan in Bullseye takes you along on a high-mountain ski tour that tracks the elusive wolverine across its diminishing habitat.
- I did meet at least one of my exes at the Mangy Moose in Teton Village, so not too far off in this “what your ski town says about you” story in Town and Leisure.
- Watch Rob Cocuzzo discuss his childhood fascination with Doug Coombs and how he was able to find him even after he died, which resulted in his recent book “Tracking the Wild Coomba.”
Do you have questions about Today’s Real Estate Facts or the broader market? Would you like a link to one of the properties mentioned, or a weekly email with recent listing activity for your target market segment? I am an Associate Broker with Jackson Hole Sotheby’s International Realty. Contact me today for a personalized look at properties in Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties in Wyoming.
“This is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation for business. If you are currently working with a Realtor, contact them for additional information.”